The Aruba CX 6100 Switch Series is a modern family of entry level access switches ideal for enterprise branch offices and SMB networks. Optimized for reliable, simple and secure access, the CX 6100 switches provide a convenient wired access solution for enterprise networks supporting IoT, mobile and cloud applications.
The CX 6100 series is based on the Aruba ASIC architecture with the programmable AOS-CX operating system used across the entire Aruba CX portfolio for a more consistent, more efficient operator experience. This layer 2 switch series has convenient built-in high speed uplinks with up to 370W of PoE to support IoT devices such as security cameras and wireless APs, and includes a compact and fanless model ideal for use in quiet work spaces. With robust QoS, support for static routing, and IPv6, the CX 6100 also simplifies ownership with no software licensing requirements.
AOS-CX – a modern software system
The Aruba CX 6100 Switch Series is based on AOS-CX, a modern, database-driven operating system that is built on a modular Linux architecture. This operating system provides the following unique capabilities:
- Easy access to all network configuration state information
- REST APIs for fine-grained programmability of network tasks
- A micro-services architecture that enables full integration with other workflow systems and services
- All software processes communicate with the database rather than each other, ensuring near real-time state and resiliency
Aruba ASICs – programmable innovation
Based on over 30 years of continuous investment, Aruba’s ASICs create the basis for innovative and agile software feature advancements, unparalleled performance and deep visibility. These programmable ASICs are purpose-built to allow for a tighter integration of switch hardware and software within campus and data center architectures to optimize performance and capacity. The Aruba CX 6100 is based on the Aruba ASIC architecture.
Aruba NetEdit – automated switch configuration and management
The entire Aruba CX portfolio empowers IT teams to orchestrate multiple switch configuration changes for smooth end-to-end service rollouts. Aruba NetEdit introduces automation that allows for rapid network-wide changes, and ensures policy conformance post network updates. Intelligent capabilities include search, edit, validation (including conformance checking), deployment and audit features. Capabilities include:
- Centralized configuration with validation for consistency and compliance
- Time savings via simultaneous viewing and editing of multiple configurations
- Customized validation tests for corporate compliance and network design
- Automated large-scale configuration deployment without programming
Note: A separate software license is required to use Aruba NetEdit.
Mobility and IoT performance
The Aruba CX 6100 Switch Series uses internally developed Aruba ASICs that provide very low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption. Each switch includes the following:
- Up to 176 Gbps in non-blocking bandwidth and up to 98.6 Mpps for forwarding
- Selectable queue configurations that allow for increased performance by defining a number of queues and associated memory buffering to best meet the requirements of network applications